Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go (sung to John Denver)

With only 48 hours left; I settle in for my last night in the guest bedroom of my friend, who has pampered me with girly treats and good conversation during my time spent at hers. Tomorrow I'm being treated to lunch as I end my working contract and then collected after work for my actual final evening in NZ with my folks. 
My final list before leaving
On the side, to my left, I had a longish list of all the things I needed to achieve before the day was out - I just love a list that's been crossed and checked off, I feel like I've accomplished so much! The pictured list is my final one before the big day, I've had a great many since this journey has begun and every one of them was crossed off as completed, done, finito!. What a feat! Thanks to God for the motivation!
So this evening as I repacked, just because, I took some pics of some of the majors of today's list-checking excursion into Manukau City. I was pretty chuffed with the speed and ease of the fulfillment of said list.

It's pretty clear by now, I'm sure, that being a visual person by profession means I'm going to be showing a lot of pictures along the way - keeps ones focus and makes for a more interesting blog.

 So here it is - I think I'm officially going to leave now because I have:

It's boiled down to this - one passport, two airplane tickets, and NZ, AUS & THB currencies.
I've never had such an array of colourful play money at the same time before

My Thai Visa - only waited a few days for it - pretty isn't it?
I had a long list on the go when I applied for this baby. When I wanted to clarify with the NZ Thai Embassy they kept having internet problems, but we got there in the end. I was applying for a Non-Immigrant Visa. I wanted a 1yr multiply re-entry visa, yet it's up to the discretion of the custom's officer upon arrival what he stamps in my passport. I expect to do a boarder run every three months unless otherwise stated upon arrival.
For this lovely colourful, shinny visa, I needed to produce:
  • Application form completed and signed
  • Passport and passport sized photo
  • Copy or confirmed travel itinerary - The Flightcenter charges $50 for this, as it's a lengthily process. But it's deducted from the cost of your deposit/tickets.
  • Letter of reference from the organization in Thailand - Indicating my position, qualification, responsibilities and intended period of stay in Thailand
  • My criminal record - easy to get in NZ from the Ministry of Justice, just print out the form, sign it and either post to them or scan it into the computer and email them. If you know you'll be applying for a visa, get on to them quickly as it takes a week or more to get it processed and sent to you. Up to 20 days if they're posting overseas. It's a free service also. I received a one page official document stating I had no record on file. I also photocopied it a few times to add to my files in stashed away places in each of my bags - justincase. 
  • my personal CV
  • Printout of the Job call 
  • and $100 plus a self addressed courier bag
The embassy said there was a 14 day turn around and I was told from two different people it would take longer. I sent it on a Tuesday from Christchurch and it was in my fathers hands Friday morning in Auckland that same week. I had the strong impression I was meant to get there.

LIQUIDS, AEROSOLS & GELS - Passenger Information include, but not limited to: EVERYTHING! far out, what a lengthy list. But you'll find out when you get your own with your air ticket

my cabin bag liquid allowance choices
Maybe not so important for a 3 hr flight across the ditch to Australia, but I've got a back to back flight immediately after I arrive, up to the Gold Coast, so felt as if I should 'freshen up' along the way. Also my flight is a 6am, therefore arriving at the airport at 4am... I'm going to feel a little like death warmed up. Nothing like minty fresh breath, a clean face and perfume to keep one feeling on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment